With the 2014 election season about to begin, the American Renewal Project is launching a new effort to get more Christians into the voting booth.
Pope Benedict XVI has cleared the way for an early start to the Conclave in which the College of Cardinals will choose his successor.
(Taken from Full of Grace: Women and the Abundant Life by Johnnette Benkovic)
On yesterday’s Women of Grace Live radio program, I shared a teaching on discerning God’s will, much of which came from by book Full of Grace: Women and the Abundant Life. Here are the Seven Steps to Discerning God’s will, in case you missed the program or didn’t get a chance to jot them down. You can also listen to the program in it’s entirety at the podcast link here. God bless you!
1. Is the prompting fully in line with Sacred Scripture, the Ten Commandments, and the teachings of the Church? There is no contradiction in God.
2. Is the prompting proceeding from virtue or the flesh? “What is my motivation?”
3. Has this prompting been confirmed in other ways? God confirms His will for us in a variety of ways.
How Does God Speak To Us?
A. Through other people
1. Directly – someone speaks the prompting to us
a. a homily at Mass
d. something we read
C. Events of the day
4. Has the prompting withstood the test of time? There is a difference between enthusiasm and zeal.
5. Am I going through an emotionally difficult time or am I suffering from mental instability?
6. Have I sought the counsel of others — my spouse, provincial, superior, bishop, spiritual director?
7. Is the prompting or inspiration of grace in conformity with my state in life? There may be sacrifice, but there will not be conflict.
“Speak little to creatures but speak much to God. Read the rest…
Did you know that in the wake of last year’s devastating Superstorm Sandy, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is funding the rebuilding of porn shops and sleazy nightclubs but not houses of worship?
After years of vehement denials from the abortion industry that the morning-after-pill can cause an abortion, a renowned authority on the drug says it can inhibit the implantation of a fertilized egg, thus producing an abortion.
The recent case of a so-called “haunted mirror” has raised the question of whether or not objects can be the target of “hauntings” – otherwise known as demonic infestations. The answer to this question might surprise you!
“It is good when a soul loves solitude; Read the rest…
“Very well, I will be saint. Read the rest…