CNA/EWTN News is reporting that the attorney representing the Archbishop, Michael W. Caspino, believes his legal theory is very simple.
"A consecrated Eucharist belongs to the Church," Caspino told The National Catholic Register. “The Church has exercised dominion and control over the Eucharist for 2000 years. The Satanists procured the Consecrated Host by illicit means, by theft or fraud. We are simply asking the Court to return the stolen property to its rightful owner, the Roman Catholic Church.”
The lawsuit was filed in Oklahoma City District Court July 20 on behalf of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City and names Adam Daniels, head of the Dakhma of Angra Mainyu church, as the defendant in the case.
On August 6, Daniels publicly admitted to the Catholic news site Aleteia, that, "as far as I know, the host mailed to me is consecrated" and was "mailed to us by (a) friend."
According to the lawsuit, this constitutes theft. After citing the many ways in which the Church safeguards the Eucharist which can only be handled by authorized persons, it states: "If an unauthorized person has possession of a consecrated host, it must have been procured, either by that person or by another, by illicit means: by theft, fraud, or wrongful taking, or other form of misappropriation."
The Archbishop is asking the court to issue an Order of Delivery of the Consecrated Host and direct the Sheriff of Oklahoma County to take possession of it and return it to the Archbishop.
"Archbishop Coakley, as Archbishop, is required by the Roman Catholic Church to safeguard and repossess the Church's property, including the Consecrated Host that is the subject of this action," the suit demands.
It goes on to say that "The actual value of the Consecrated Host is incalculable because the significance and importance of the Consecrated Host cannot be measured monetarily."
The suit is also demanding that the Court issue an order prohibiting the defendant from concealing, consuming, destroying, or desecrating the Host pending the hearing of this case.
Archbishop Coakley has waged a courageous battle to stop the staging of this black mass, which is planned for September 21 at the Civic Center, during which time Satan will be invoked and the Host will be desecrated in what he describes as "vile, often violent and sexually explicit ways."
The Archbishop is also calling upon the faithful to offer novenas, Holy Hours, and fasts to stop the black mass from taking place.
He has also publicly questioned the wisdom of the managers of the Civic Center for allowing such a heinous event to take place on their premises.
“ . . . (W)e’re astonished and grieved that the Civic Center would promote as entertainment and sell tickets for an event that is very transparently a blasphemous mockery of the Mass,” he said in a statement earlier this summer. “The ‘Black Mass’ that is scheduled for the Civic Center in September is a satanic inversion and distortion of the most sacred beliefs not only of Catholics, but of all Christians."
His courage has inspired many, including the attorney who is more than happy to represent him in court in this most sacred case.
"We are honored to represent Archbishop Coakley in this fight against the desecration of the Blessed Sacrament,” attorney Michael W. Caspino told The Register. “The archbishop should be lauded for his courageous stance against the enemies of the Church.”
© All Rights Reserved, Living His Life Abundantly®/Women of Grace® http://www.womenofgrace.com