St. Bridget was once told by our Sorrowful Mother of God, "No matter how numerous a person's sins may be, if he turns to me with a sincere purpose of amendment, I am prepared forthwith to receive him graciously, for I do not regard the number of sins he has committed, but look only on the dispositions with which he comes to me: for I feel no aversion in healing his wounds, because I am called and am in truth the Mother of Mercy."
How comforting is this! Although the Church observes September 15 as Our Lady of Sorrows, how can we not daily, especially during our lenten journey and the Stations of the Cross, ponder our Lady's sorrows? There are numerous indulgences attached to the Rosary of the Seven Dolors and other devotions to the Mother of Sorrows. These are the SEVEN PROMISES that God grants to those who honor The Blessed Virgin Mother daily by saying seven Hail Mary's while contemplating her tears and sorrows during her life. This devotion was passed on to us by St. Bridget.
1. "I will grant Peace to their families."
2. "They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries."
3. "I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work."
4. "I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls."
5. "I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives."
6. "I will visibly help them at the moment of their death, they will see the face of their mother."
7. "I have obtained (This Grace) from my Divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son will be their eternal consolation and joy."