On the Disciplining of Boys:
“There must be no hostility in our minds, no contempt in our eyes, no insult on our lips. We must use mercy for the present and have hope for the future, as is fitting for true fathers who are eager for real correction and improvement.”
~St. John Bosco
How can I apply this advice in my dealings with children – mine or those entrusted to me? How does this advice apply to my interactions with all people? What relationship does this have to St. Paul’s instruction from yesterday’s Graceline?
Bible-based objectives of the program include:
– Introducing the Bible as the inspired Word of God, with historical and personal applications.
– Teaching how the Church, Catechism of the Catholic Church, and Scripture are interrelated.
– Engendering respect and reverence for the Bible.
– Offering weekly forums for children to discuss and apply biblical principals.
– Providing an opportunity for parents and their children to study the Bible together.
– Providing a biblical background for the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Reconciliation.