Parents across the nation are reacting with shock and disbelief after four and five year-old children at a California preschool were caught having sex during naptime, on the playground, and in a bathroom at the school.
The Daily Mail is reporting that the preschool at the First Lutheran Church of Carson School is closing after students were discovered having sex on the premises.
A parent named Richard McCarthy said he discovered the activity when his 4-year-old son told him about what a five year-old girl had done to him at the school on multiple occasions.
“He told me about all the bad things that girl had been doing to him,” McCarthy said.
At first, he thought it was a case of children playing, but when child protective services showed up at his door, he knew it was much more serious.
“My son and this female student were found in the bathroom with my son’s pants and underwear around his ankles,” said the man, whose name is being withheld to protect his son. “They have a sworn statement that an adult witnessed the little girl performing oral sex on my son.”
The same girl allegedly performed oral sex on at least one other boy.
“It all boils down to a lack of supervision,” said Greg Owen, an attorney for the family. “There were times when teachers would let aides in the room for hours at a time to watch the kids. During naptime, the aides would be sleeping and the children would have been molesting each other during this time.”
According to Owen, the California Department of Social Services has cited the school for a lack of supervision and for one sexual incident, but he’s representing several clients who say the same thing happened to them at the school.
“You have at least seven children performing these acts on each other,” Owen said.
The mother of the little girl who was caught in the bathroom said she was shocked when she learned what her daughter was doing at the school.
“I said, ‘Where did you see this? How did you know that this was something to do? ‘She said, ‘I saw another little girl do it.’ I said, ‘Well, where?’ ‘Here at school.’ ‘When?’ ‘During nap time,'” the mother told KABC TV’s Eyewitness News.
Investigators found no evidence of child abuse at her home.
Meanwhile, school officials have notified parents they are closing their doors on Friday, but insist that the closure has nothing to do with the sex allegations.
“The decision to go into an inactive status was made based on the fact that our director has resigned for personal reasons,” school officials said in a statement. “We have not been able to secure a full time director in a timely manner.”
The parents of the students involved are concerned about where they can possibly send their children now that they’ve been exposed to this type of activity.
“Parents are saying, ‘My child is now a predator. Now how can I let him go to another school?”’ Owen said.
This is precisely how McCarthy feels. “The two boys that have been introduced to this feeling that they don’t know how to process are still looking for it, and trying to make it happen,” McCarthy said.
“There’s no way I can just take him to another school and be that parent that just lets a predator loose.”
© All Rights Reserved, Living His Life Abundantly®/Women of Grace® http://www.womenofgrace.com